If you're looking to ensure there's a seat for your guest this can all be done through a single channel guest invite!
What is Slack Single Channel Guest?
A single-channel guest invitation is a great way of inviting a guest to join you for a day or a week in your office.
The access is limited to just one channel, so you don’t have to worry about them seeing details from other parts of your organization.
You can even add a time limit on their accounts if it’s a short-term project/visit.
How to Invite a Guest
1. Click on your workspace name (it's in the top left)
2. Click on Invite people to [workspace name]
3. Enter the email address of the guest that you'd like to invite
4. If you're a workspace owner or admin, click the drop-down menu to choose whether you'd like to invite members or guests
5. Once you've specified you're inviting a guest choose the channel(s) that they'll be added to and set a time limit for their accounts if you like
6. Click Send, then click Done.
If you'd like to learn more about this? Here is a slack article with additional information on how to invite a single channel guest 🤩